Sault Ste. Marie is a city of 80,000 people, three hours from Sudbury, and eight hours from Thunder Bay. In other words, we’re surrounded by a lot of trees. And yes, it does snow here. Without fail, winter comes every year, but that’s fine because everything that’s good about winter is very accessible here.
In less than an hour you can be boarding down wide-open slopes, stepping out on snowshoe trails or snowmobiling for days and never see the same tree twice.
In the summer it gets hot, but without all the humidity of Southern Ontario. In fact, each season in this part of the country is intense, and there’s always something to do. If you like camping, fishing, hiking or any outdoor activity, then you’ll love the Sault.
Now, just in case you think we’re sounding a little too remote, we get the same concerts, events, and festivals that you’ll find in most places in Ontario. And we love our sports too. Just ask any Soo Greyhounds fan. By the way, did you know that Gretzky played for the Soo Greyhounds?
Sault Ste. Marie also has the cost of living beat, and you can usually get to work from anywhere in the city in under 20 minutes (including the elevator ride). For the cost of renting an apartment in Toronto, you can buy a house here, and a nice one at that.
It’s not for everyone, but we love it here. You can even check out some of the work we’ve done that features the best of life in Northern Ontario and Sault Ste. Marie.
As much as they’re there to assist the Client Strategists, the Project Coordinator is there to help the client. Client related activities include setting up meetings, preparing meeting agendas and following up on action items. Project Coordinators prepare and maintain documentation related to each project and once familiar with a project, they take on additional responsibilities such as research and website testing. Success in this role is measured by attention to detail, accurate follow up, thorough documentation and high levels of customer service.
- Organize team members for each project
- Function as liaison between the Client Strategist and clients
- Establish training initiatives with clients as determined by the Client Strategist
- Client support duties in general
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least two years experience in a progressive business environment
- A college diploma or equivalent experience
- An uncanny ability to complete a high volume of projects and tasks quickly and expertly with minimal guidance
- A track record demonstrating integrity when handling confidential information
- The ability to be highly organized in a fast paced business environment