Sault Ste. Marie is a city of 80,000 people, three hours from Sudbury, and eight hours from Thunder Bay. In other words, we’re surrounded by a lot of trees. And yes, it does snow here. Without fail, winter comes every year, but that’s fine because everything that’s good about winter is very accessible here.
In less than an hour you can be boarding down wide-open slopes, stepping out on snowshoe trails or snowmobiling for days and never see the same tree twice.
In the summer it gets hot, but without all the humidity of Southern Ontario. In fact, each season in this part of the country is intense, and there’s always something to do. If you like camping, fishing, hiking or any outdoor activity, then you’ll love the Sault.
Now, just in case you think we’re sounding a little too remote, we get the same concerts, events, and festivals that you’ll find in most places in Ontario. And we love our sports too. Just ask any Soo Greyhounds fan. By the way, did you know that Gretzky played for the Soo Greyhounds?
Sault Ste. Marie also has the cost of living beat, and you can usually get to work from anywhere in the city in under 20 minutes (including the elevator ride). For the cost of renting an apartment in Toronto, you can buy a house here, and a nice one at that.
It’s not for everyone, but we love it here. You can even check out some of the work we’ve done that features the best of life in Northern Ontario and Sault Ste. Marie.
The Creative Director is the “ideas person”, generating creative concepts that speak to the clients and more importantly to the client’s audience. They also lead the creative charge and inspire creativity in others, guiding the direction of projects and contributing to the development of work that will engage it’s intended audience, on time and on budget. Along with a creative spirit, this position requires knowledge, empathy, and adaptability. The Creative Director is a link between the creative and client service teams, and must be able to balance creativity and big ideas with the practical constraints and ultimate goal of each project.
The Creative Director extracts creative thoughts and ideas from the client and from staff, participates in client meetings and pitches creative concepts to clients on behalf of the Creative Team. They ensure that the creative concepts that Lucidia delivers to clients are in line with the client’s expectations and the target audience. Always rooted in knowledge, the Creative Director bases ideas on research and utilizes Lucidia’s innovative design and creative concepts.
- Lead the development of creative concepts that speak to the client’s goals by facilitating brainstorming sessions and working closely with clients and internal teams
- Deliver creative briefs according to project schedules that communicate creative concepts clearly and reflect the value proposition
- Participate in client meetings and pitch creative concepts to clients on behalf of the design team
- Provide constructive feedback to designers and team members in a sensitive and motivating way
- Ensure creative concepts delivered to clients are in line with client’s expectations and the target audience
- Drive the constant evolution of Lucidia’s creative scope
- Contribute new sources of creative inspiration to the design team on the whole
- Contribute to the branding of Lucidia and related internal projects as needed
- Act as company advocate and embody Lucidia’s values
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with the creative process in developing global brands across a variety of digital and traditional mediums
- Experience leading creative teams with a demonstrated understanding of how to provide constructive feedback while continuing to inspire creative thought
- Extensive experience working with clients including pitching and selling concepts as well as managing client expectations
- Experience combining business and creative goals when creating a unique design solution
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment required