Sault Ste. Marie is a city of 80,000 people, three hours from Sudbury, and eight hours from Thunder Bay. In other words, we’re surrounded by a lot of trees. And yes, it does snow here. Without fail, winter comes every year, but that’s fine because everything that’s good about winter is very accessible here.
In less than an hour you can be boarding down wide-open slopes, stepping out on snowshoe trails or snowmobiling for days and never see the same tree twice.
In the summer it gets hot, but without all the humidity of Southern Ontario. In fact, each season in this part of the country is intense, and there’s always something to do. If you like camping, fishing, hiking or any outdoor activity, then you’ll love the Sault.
Now, just in case you think we’re sounding a little too remote, we get the same concerts, events, and festivals that you’ll find in most places in Ontario. And we love our sports too. Just ask any Soo Greyhounds fan. By the way, did you know that Gretzky played for the Soo Greyhounds?
Sault Ste. Marie also has the cost of living beat, and you can usually get to work from anywhere in the city in under 20 minutes (including the elevator ride). For the cost of renting an apartment in Toronto, you can buy a house here, and a nice one at that.
It’s not for everyone, but we love it here. You can even check out some of the work we’ve done that features the best of life in Northern Ontario and Sault Ste. Marie.
The Office Coordinator has one of the most important roles at Lucida. They often create our first impression to clients and the public. They are responsible for creating a professional and welcoming environment for clients, including greeting visitors at the front desk and managing a multi-line phone system. The Office coordinator is also responsible for helping to organize internal meetings
- Answering a multi-line corporate phone system including routing calls and taking messages
- Provide project administration support on active client projects including internal print production, Internet and other research, client follow-up and proofing of materials
- Co-ordinate internal office and client meetings including arranging lunches, organizing meeting spaces, and picking up items for meetings and / or general office needs
- Co-ordinate incoming and outgoing mail delivery, courier service, and local deliveries
Required Skills and Experience:
- A college diploma or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year working in a customer service environment
- Must have a personable demeanor
- Must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized