Sault Ste. Marie is a city of 80,000 people, three hours from Sudbury, and eight hours from Thunder Bay. In other words, we’re surrounded by a lot of trees. And yes, it does snow here. Without fail, winter comes every year, but that’s fine because everything that’s good about winter is very accessible here.
In less than an hour you can be boarding down wide-open slopes, stepping out on snowshoe trails or snowmobiling for days and never see the same tree twice.
In the summer it gets hot, but without all the humidity of Southern Ontario. In fact, each season in this part of the country is intense, and there’s always something to do. If you like camping, fishing, hiking or any outdoor activity, then you’ll love the Sault.
Now, just in case you think we’re sounding a little too remote, we get the same concerts, events, and festivals that you’ll find in most places in Ontario. And we love our sports too. Just ask any Soo Greyhounds fan. By the way, did you know that Gretzky played for the Soo Greyhounds?
Sault Ste. Marie also has the cost of living beat, and you can usually get to work from anywhere in the city in under 20 minutes (including the elevator ride). For the cost of renting an apartment in Toronto, you can buy a house here, and a nice one at that.
It’s not for everyone, but we love it here. You can even check out some of the work we’ve done that features the best of life in Northern Ontario and Sault Ste. Marie.
.Net Application Developer
Our .NET Application Developers are accountable for delivering industry leading websites and web applications for our clients.
You must possess excellent communication and presentations skills for your collaboration with several different teams within Lucidia. You will work closely with our Account Directors to understand the specific needs of each client and create innovative solutions. You will also work with our Design Team and Business Systems Analyst to ensure that design concepts are incorporated seamlessly into the end deliverables. You may also be called upon to work directly with our clients when your expertise and opinions are needed regarding technical issues. You will definitely be required to have fun while doing all of the above…it’s a mandate!
- Analyze business requirements and transform them into technical design
- Handle change requests and provide quick and efficient solutions
- Implement the design to develop and test the functional requirements
- Source code maintenance
- Continuously monitor website and database performance
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions towards the improvement of the site and the business
- Interact with business development and marketing team to understand the business requirements
- Provide effort estimates and prioritize tasks
- Provide timely functional releases so as to meet fast changing business requirements
- Assess risk and impact on existing systems that may arise due to any requirement or functional change
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of three years experience in a Developer role
- Experience working with multiple clients under tight deadlines required
- Strong knowledge of VS.NET 2005 / 2008, SQL Server 2005, and MS-SQL Management Studio
- Knowledge of AJAX, IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0, SharePoint and Adobe Photoshop is a definite asset
- Microsoft .NET certification is a plus